Baby Tanner

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Does it ever end???

Everyone says pregnancy is the gift that keeps on giving. Isn't that the truth!! As crazy and eventful as my whole pregnancy was, why would I think it was going to end when I had T? Apparently when I had the csection they didn't get all the placenta out and I ended up having to have a D&C 11 weeks after I had T. I was terrified when she told me because I have never had surgery other than the csection and being put to sleep is one of my biggest fears! I'm just scared that you might not wake back up! So I insist on just being sedated. I get there and they are trying to scare me into thinking its gonna hurt and I'm going to want to be put to sleep. I talk to my doctor who thinks ill be fine, but I tell her if I'm in pain ill tell her and then they have the ok to put me to sleep. We get in the OR and as soon as they give me the sedation medicine I dont remember another thing! When I come to I'm in recovery. I somewhat remember the rest of the night. Haha. Dr Tonkin came and talked to me and the anesthesia guys came and they all told me that I was put to sleep!! I had NO clue :) apparently T gets his busy body-ness from his mama! She said I was not in pain but as soon as she touched my leg I was wiggling all over the table! Moving enough she couldn't do the procedure. They had to call mom and get the OK from her to put me to sleep. I woke up though so it's ok :) My only issue I had was my heart rate was around 140 when I came out but it came down pretty quick in recovery. I felt fine when I came out and still have had no pain but once I got back in a room Mom, Ricky, T, Jeff, Patti, and Taylor were all in there and about 10 mins later it hit me. I was sick sick sick! I don't tolerate pain meds at all so they gave me something in my IV and a shot of phenergan. I was miserable! We finally left the hospital around 7. We got home and I was ready for bed! Mom had to stay the night and take care of me and T since Ricky leaves for work so early. That night was awful. I felt awful and wasn't able to breast feed. T is NOT used to having to get a bottle during the night so it was a very long night! We all survived and its over now but T will definitely be an only child! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment