Baby Tanner

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Second Trimester!

I am finally up to date! After having a not so fun first trimester, I have been looking forward to the second trimester that I keep hearing is so fun! Well, of course it wouldn't be that easy for me to switch over! We had to go to the ER on January 5. After 5 hours of being in the ER we were discharged and told that I have placenta previa and that I was to be on bed rest until I could see my doctor on the following day. The next day I went in and my doctor said that everything looked okay the placenta was just low and I would need to take it easy, just no lifting, exercising, but I could still work and continue with normal life. And then on the following Monday I had to call my doctors again. Placenta previa can cause bleeding and that is the scary part! I went in and saw the doctor on call on Tuesday and I have now been on bed rest since then!! Of all the things I thought about dealing with during pregnancy I never thought that bed rest would be one of them! It has been very hard. I can get up and let the dogs out, eat, and go to the bathroom but that's about it. The majority of my days are spent lying here in bed. I have to be on bed rest for at least 2 weeks to make sure that the placenta stops bleeding and that I keep myself and Baby M healthy and safe. So while I am complaining that my body hurts from laying down all day, I have to keep reminding myself that there is a good reason that I am stuck here! The doctor is 90% sure that as the uterus grows the placenta will expand and move and everything should be fine. We have more ultrasound pictures that I will post soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment